Sunday, June 21, 2015

This weekend I went to JAGs. (June Age Group). First of all, let me say, that pool is FAST.
Saltwater is amazing.
It was a two hour drive from my house, and a friend of mine, Luke tagged along because his parents couldn't drive him. He ended up staying with us for the whole weekend, and it was quite interesting.
Between all the banter, and bonding, I don't remember much. We stayed at this hotel some-what near the pool, and a few of our other friends stayed there, too. The catch is, they're all boys.

That I had to deal with.
For the whole weekend.
(My mother wanted me to add that they had to deal with me too, but I doubt ANY of them will see this blog.)

The first day, friday, was going very smoothly. No one was fighting, no one was bickering. At the meet, a swam the 200 IM and dropped 7 seconds! But then, out of no where, right before my 100 Backstroke; a bee stung me. Right on the bottom of my foot. But, it doesn't end there. My foot swelled, but just slightly, and I still had another event. The event I really had to try for. I ended up getting a best time.

That night, we all went out to dinner at this amazing Sushi place. The 'Kids' got there own table, too.

Day two was great, as well. Until 5 minutes into us being at the meet, I was stung by a bee. Again. On the same foot. (I swear, it targeted me.) My foot swelled up like a clubbed foot. Then, a teammate of mine jumped down from a step and landed on my ankle, where my foot was already swelled. I shook it off, and continued swimming. I was in quite a bit of pain, but ended up finishing my events.

That night I went out with my friend Amy, and a few of the asian families on the team. Which was AWESOME. Though, as the night went on, my foot was getting worse and worse. When we got back to the hotel room, my foot was hurting very badly, and had swelled even more.

Day 3. Everything went pretty well. I bested my previous 100 freestyle time in the relay, and got a best time in the 50 Breaststroke, putting me 5th in the county. We left. My foot is still swelled. Lol.

Moral of the story is; Stay determined!



No comments:

Post a Comment